Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday. 10.3.11.

Day one. Check. Day two. I got to the school super early...suprise suprise.  When I walked in the door, I saw one of my fourth graders.  She ran up to me and told me she hurt her wrist at the skate park this weekend.  She has taken LOTS of pain killers and still can't move her wrist.  As soon as I got to my teacher's classroom I was sent to cut paper for her.  That was a tedious job, but the office ladies are awesome.  After that,  we started out the day with math!  When I was observing I sat by a girl whose birthday is on FRIDAY!! So we talked all about her plans:)  I am probably more a distraction to some students, but they rock my socks off.  After math, the students had health and I ventured to the 3rd grade room.  There, the students were going over reading comprehension.  I was able to work individually with two students for 45 minutes.  After that I went back to the fourth graders.  We started going over a reading lesson.  During the reading lesson, my teacher had me do this really loud task of opening trash bags and shoving them in shirts that were going to be bleached.  After that I got to walk 3rd graders to recess, which was across the street.  Then I tried running back to the fourth graders to try and nab some apple crisp.  We were celebrating a students mother passing her citizenship test.  But I missed out on the apple crisp:(  Then we split the class in two groups, boys and girls.  I got all the girls and we started reading a book.  They were super crazy!  I'm really not sure how much reading we accomplished, but they are really good at grunting.  We practiced!! After the grunting, it was time for lunch and that is when I checked out.


2 comments: